Elana Goldin Lerman
As a Registered Social Worker (RSW), Registered Psychotherapist (RP) and Registered Marriage and Family Therapist (RMFT), Elana is well equipped to help individuals, couples and families deal with many of the issues that her clients present. Elana uses a collaborative approach to therapy and within a safe environment, she encourages them to be active participants in their own healing process.
As a native of Argentina who has had the opportunity to study in the U.S. and Israel, Elana has a great appreciation for world culture. Her ability to speak fluently in English, Spanish and Hebrew has helped her connect with her diverse clientele across several countries.
Elana has been trained in many therapeutic modalities during her studies. In her work with couples, Elana uses Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), founded by Dr. Sue Johnson and Dr. Les Greenberg. Presently, Elana is a certified EFT therapist and supervisor. She enjoys mentoring and supervising other therapists who are learning this modality.
Elana has also engaged in mastering EFT for individuals and families, thoroughly enjoying its use with parents, families and individuals alike.
Education and Certification
Elana’s extensive education began with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Affairs from George Washington University. She then went on to pursue a Master’s Degree in Organizational Behavior at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel. Upon her arrival to Canada, she pursued a Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology from The Adler School of Professional Psychology in Toronto and continued her post grad studies specializing in Marriage and Family Therapy.
While living in Israel, Elana earned certification in Parental Group Counselling at the Adler Institute in Israel. This provided her with the opportunity to facilitate parenting education groups in various Israeli Correctional facilities. Working with individuals in this environment granted her a deeper understanding of family dynamics and further solidified the ground for working with individuals, couples and families.
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Ontario College of Psychotherapists
- Clinical Member and Approved Supervisor: American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Clinical Member and Approved Supervisor: Ontario Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Certified Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples/ Supervisor (ICEEFT)
- Parent and Family Group Guidance, Adler Institute and Ministry of Education, Israel
- Migration and Refugees Studies, York University, Toronto
- AAMFT Supervisor
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Supervisor
- Facilitation of Gestalt Group Workshops, Israel
- Facilitation of Pre-Marital and Parent/Family Workshops, Canada